• Question: Why are pesticides dangerous? Are natural pesticides better?

    Asked by 12sarsat to Jennifer, Liam on 27 Jun 2014.
    • Photo: Jennifer Stephens

      Jennifer Stephens answered on 27 Jun 2014:


      Hi 12sarsat
      Pesticides kill pests so they are poisonous. A piece of fruit may get sprayed up to 30 times during its life cycle. When you eat it the pesticides can build up in your body, mainly your colon. Over a lifetime this can lead to toxicity and make you feel ill.
      You should always wash your fruit and vegetables before eating them. This may not get rid of all the pesticides but it will definitely help.

      Natural pesticides are safer for your health.

Comments